A phenolic board is an HVAC board composed of polystyrene foam plastic and colored steel or aluminum foil on both sides. Rock wool or glass fiber can be used as the internal filling material.
In air-conditioning ducts and house insulation, phenolic boards are widely used. Currently, the two most used duct insulation boards are aluminum foil phenolic boards and color steel phenolic boards.
The advantages of color steel phenolic board:
1. Light and simple: It effectively reduces the building load, which is one-third of the average weight of the traditional iron sheet air duct, dramatically reduces the importance of the finished pipe, and reduces the labor intensity of construction;
2. No air leakage and no cold bridge: Compared with the connection method of the iron sheet air duct, the color steel phenolic board adopts the same polyurethane foam as the board core and glues it together. All the gaps are filled with polyurethane foam, which is impossible. Air leakage phenomenon, as well as special broken bridge heat insulation flange, can effectively prevent the occurrence of cold bridge phenomenon;
3. Effectively reduce noise: Color steel hvac insulation phenolic board adopts laser micro-piercing technology according to the theories and technology of micro-perforated board noise reduction theories, which can effectively reduce noise and directly replace the muffler. The embossed aluminum foil absorbs the vibration and echo and polyurethane foam, which eliminates the resonance phenomenon of the traditional iron sheet air duct and its "bang, bang" noise;
4. Three effects of one air duct: color steel phenolic board air duct and thermal insulation, sound-absorbing materials are combined into one, with no need for secondary thermal insulation processing, thereby improving construction efficiency and saving the construction space caused by secondary construction. waste;
5. Shorten the construction period: because of the lightweight, integrated design and mature construction technology, the construction period can be shortened to about 1/5 compared with the iron sheet air duct;
6. Energy saving and heat preservation: the thermal conductivity of the color steel insulated duct board is only 0.020w/MK, compared with 0.047w/MK of glass wool, the heat preservation effect of the same thickness is more than twice;
7. Environmental protection design: Polyurethane sheet is free of harmful substances such as Freon and formaldehyde, while glass wool contains AI-causing substances, which will cause itching, redness, and other symptoms when it is stained on the skin;
8. Maintenance-free and long service life: The color steel phenolic board has been treated with anti-corrosion, acid, and alkali resistance to ensure a service life of up to 20 years, eliminating the cost of frequent maintenance;
9. Beautiful and durable: the unique air duct production process and mature construction plan, as well as the choice of color steel for different air ducts, bid farewell to the single color of traditional air ducts;
Compared with aluminum foil phenolic board, color steel double faced insulation board has not only the advantages of double-sided aluminum foil phenolic composite air duct but also has good surface stiffness and strength, and it can effectively resist collision and impact; its pressure bearing capacity is greatly enhanced, and its fire resistance In order not to burn Class A, the scope of use has been expanded, and it is a high-end product in the field of new air ducts on the market.
If you need a duct board for sale that meets ul181 certification, please contact us, Heaterk has a wealth of experience and is very willing to help you.